Saturday, February 21, 2009

Camdyn and her tummy trouble.

I'm sure everyone is aware by now that we have been having a lot of trouble with Camdyn's hernia. We have tried to get her surgical consult moved up without success. So, I have been willing to try anything to keep it from coming out and causing her so much pain. My boss, who happens to be an internist, suggested that I get a dense cotton ball and ace wrap it over her belly button. Hopefully, this would put enough pressure on it to hold it in. I was skeptical, but after her hernia had come out 6 times in 24 hours, I was desperate. It has actually worked pretty well, she's been wearing it for 2 days now and we've had no problems. I took it off today to clean it after a massive diaper blow-out and her hernia began to protrude again. I quickly pushed it back in and it has been okay now. I am so glad that this seems to be working. Thank goodness! I was about to go crazy! Here are some pictures of my cutie with her new fashion accessory.



2 comments:

Jodi said...

What a fantastic idea! I'm so glad there is at least a little something you can do! Poor girl!

Julie N. said...

Poor Camdyn! That does not sound like fun for her or you. I'm glad you've found something to help.