Friday, February 26, 2010

Third pregnancy syndrome.

Okay, so looking back at my previous pregnancies I have realized that it definitely gets harder in some ways and easier in some ways. For example my morning sickness seems to get better with each baby as does my heartburn. However, since my body has been subjected to housing 3 different tenants it is completely unwilling to try to hold itself together. My hips are popping, cracking and spreading at an alarming rate. My lower abdominal muscles are already aching in protest of supporting the baby and I seem to be gaining a bit too much weight by my own standards.
I had a doctors appointment today and voiced my concerns. All he could do was nod and say "Well, this is your third baby." Then he suggested I get a belly supporter with straps that go around my shoulders. Hmmm...that sounds like buckets of fun. I had one that went around just my belly with Camdyn, but it felt more like I was strangling her than anything else. I'm am already anxiously awaiting my new tenant being evicted and again having my body to myself. Not that I have anything prepared at all. So many things to do!
I'm sure that when this little girl makes her appearance it will all have been worthwhile, but for now all I can do is complain about the aches and pains. Chris is very happy about that! But it was strange, however, that when I said something about this probably being my last baby that he said "Why?"

2 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

I COMPLETELY feel your pain! This third pregnancy is killing me. Knees aching, back breaking, bladder busting- I wonder if my skin is now stretched too thin to even stay together another few months... haha.

It makes you wonder how those pioneer women did it.

I am thankful daily that I wasn't born in that era. :)

Hope you find some relief!

~The Swallow Family~ said...

I've heard that each pregnancy gets harder with each child. I didn't believe that until I had my second--much harder than the first. Little worried about someday being pregnant with a third--it sounds..well...Yikes! Anyways, hope you're feeling well! We miss you guys in the ward!