Saturday, February 6, 2010
The joys of owning a home!
I had planned a trip to Spokane today to do some major baby shopping. When I went downstairs to get some pants from the dryer I stepped into some water. At first I thought it was just a leak from the sink in the laundry room. I quickly realized that the sewer drain/pipe had backed up and completely flooded the laundry room, bathroom, office and family room. It had saturated the carpet, walls, boxes of baby clothes, baby furniture, christmas tree and everything stored downstairs. I immediately went in to pregnant emotional mode. Chris called family and friends who showed up almost instantly to clean up water and rip up carpet. We will have to file an insurance claim and hopefully all will be covered. The restoration guy is here now tearing out some drywall, the bathroom, and sanitizing everything. It will definitely be an expensive process and I hope insurance does not let us down. I figure that Chris and I were due for a disaster! All is well!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dang poop ruining our awesome day! At least you get new carpet out of the deal. Good times!!
Post a Comment